- Bachelors Degree, University of New Delhi 1983
- MBA in Finance, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Anshu Jain began his career as a derivatives research analyst at Kidder, Peabody & Co. in 1985. in 1988 he founded the industry's first true hedge fund coverage group at Merrill Lynch. Jain joined Deutsche Bank in a similar role in 1995 as he established a unit focused on hedge funds and institutional derivatives coverage. In 2004 Jain became CEO of DB's Corporate Investment Bank. In July 2011 it was announced Jain would become Co-CEO and a successor to Josef Ackermann who is leaving the bank next month.
Jain has been the highest earner in the bank earning €10 million in 2011 and €11.9 million in 2010.
More on Anshu Jain:
- Jain will be taking a pay cut in his new role as his salary will be brought to parity with the other co-CEO, Juergen Fitschen [Bloomberg]
- Could Jain's German skills be a roadblock? [Businessweek]
- New York Times Profile [NYT]
- Jain's 2011 Compensation Details [Reuters]
- Deutsche Bank Management Team [DB]
- Anshu Jain Wikipedia Page [Wikipedia]